A recent post re affiliate fraud detection in the CPA space by Murray Newlands on his new site (great site btw!) spurred us on to write this post, as it seems there isn’t a good central resource listing all the fraud tools out there.
Affiliate fraud is big business – so preventing affiliate fraud is also a big business, as was mentioned recently in this article on Technorati. So just who is out there providing tools to combat this fraud?
Here is a comprehensive list of affiliate fraud tools we have gathered together. They are in no particular order. If you are aware of any we have missed then feel free to add them in the comments below.
- Scrubkit – automated analytical system to detect affiliate fraud
- CPA Detective – CPA, CPL, CPC, PPC, and CPM lead focused anti fraud tools
- Risk IQ – affiliate fraud detection system
- BrandVerity - Affiliate Fraud detection in paid search and web content
- CitizenHawk – legal alternative to our own TypoAssassin
- iPensatori – brand scanning and customer fraud prevention solutions
- TheSearchMonitor.com – competitor, trademark, and affiliate monitoring
- FraudLogix – affiliate fraud prevention company
- Sendori – browser plugin to redirect to “safe” sites (consumer tool)
- TypoAssassin – catch typo domainers now and in future with alert protection
- Improvely – marketing analytics and click fraud detection
- PlanetPayment – enhanced fraud detection including affiliate fraud detection
- Kount Affiliate Monitoring – fraud prevention products and affiliate monitoring
- Fraudshield - Fraudshield uncovers all the bad conversions
Many affiliate networks have their own proprietary anti-fraud tools built in to their system, for the advertisers/merchants to use. Here is a short list of networks that we are aware of that have their own custom tools:
- HasOffers – anti-fraud features including scoring of affiliates and transactions
- Clickbank – proprietary fraud detection, affiliate and merchant ratings
- LinkTrust – anti fraud features including fiters, abuser database, transaction control and management
- DealGuardian – review based marketplace for marketers includes product ratings and blacklisting of affiliates
And many Affiliate Software packages contain anti fraud features. A couple top sellers are Post Affiliate Pro and iDevAffiliate – both powerful affiliate management systems. For more affiliate tracking systems and networks that have anti-fraud features, visit this comprehensive list of affiliate tracking systems.
If you’re concerned about your affiliate program losing $ daily to typo domain affiliates, try TypoAssassin today – it’s offered real cheap for now…